To address the challenges of handwriting OpenAPI and managing large definitions across multiple teams, Oxlip offers the following capabilities:
- human readable: statement-based language to help with readability (e.g. for code reviews);
- declarative: as with bare OpenAPI in either JSON or YAML. Not a general purpose language;
- modular: project structure can be organized freely into folders and modules;
- composable: REST concepts are mapped to types and operators, enabling the composition of low-level values (e.g. JSON properties) into higher-level entities (e.g. HTTP end-points) as language expressions;
- functional: behavior can be encapsulated in functions, generalized and reused at will.
Oxlip also enhances OpenAPI with experimental support for HATEOAS.